How do I setup and sync my Arlo Wire-Free cameras?
The following points dictate about setting up Arlo Wire- Free cameras with Arlo Base Station and also Arlo Pro base stations. So, basically, the Arlo Base Station securely connects Arlo and Arlo Pro Wire-Free cameras to the Internet via your home router, while providing long-range connectivity and the best battery life for your cameras. Main features include USB local storage backup, Smart Siren and upgrade options.
Setting up and also syncing Arlo Wire-Free Cameras:
First, you have to unlock the battery compartment by sliding it and holding the latch.
- Then, slide the battery door back so that you can lift it and open the compartment.
- After the compartment got open, insert the batteries in it and close the battery door.
- Further, bring the camera within one to three (30 to 100 centimeters) of the base station.
Now, sync the camera to the base station by following the given steps:
- You have to press the Sync button only if you are using an Arlo base station that is on the side or at the back of the base station for about 2 seconds and then releases the button.
- Point to Note: In case you press the Arlo Wire- Free Sync button on the base station for a long time, then the LED under the USB symbol will blink amber for 10 minutes. Because of it, the sync process will get blocked.
- On the other hand, press the button on the top of the base station only if you are using an Arlo Pro base station, for about 2 seconds and then release the button.
So, as the syncing part has been done by you. Now, wait for the Sync status LED to blink green.
- Furthermore, press the Sync button that is on the top of the camera for about 2 seconds and then releases that button.
- Point to note: The cameras must be synced only one at a time. For this, a blue LED on the camera will get blink rapidly to confirm sync.
But, if the LED on the camera blinks amber, then the sync part is not successfully done by you. So, you must repeat the sync process again.
- Finally, check the camera LED on the base station.
And if the camera LED on the base station turns solid green, that means the sync process is completed.
So, now you can repeat these steps for each camera.
- Point to note: if the sync process is not completed by you within a time duration of 60 seconds, then you have to press the Sync button that is on the base station and try it again.
- If you cannot sync your cameras or any kind of other problem, then call us at (Toll free) 1-844-422-0089.